Why do Business in Trappe?
As a business owner, we know you have a choice as to where you locate your business. Trappe’s elected Council officials want you to know we welcome business to Trappe. Many of us have spent a considerable time working in business so we have a keen appreciation for many of your challenges. We know and deeply appreciate that businesses create jobs and who among us doesn’t know that this is a major challenge of our times?
Some other reasons we think you should consider Trappe are listed below:
- We are located at the intersection of Route 113 and Ridge Pike (W. Main Street), which provide access to Route 422. The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) provides bus service along Ridge Pike from Norristown to Pottstown
- Our municipal tax rate is the lowest for a Borough in Montgomery County and the 3rd lowest out of all 62 municipalities in the County
- Our water and sewer rates are some of the lowest in the area, in part made possible by our debt free water, sewer and borough government entities
- We have emergency medical services and a volunteer fire company located in Trappe on W. 5th off of W. Main that have been enthusiastically serving for over 100 years
- We have three beautiful parks – Borough Hall (W. Main St.), Rambo (W. 5th) and Water Works (W. 1st Ave.)
- Dedicated volunteers provide an annual Trappe Community Day where you may introduce your business to the community
- Like many other communities in Pennsylvania, Trappe has adopted the Uniform Construction Code standard in order to enhance the safety and wellbeing of our community on a consistent and well documented basis
- Many buildings on Trappe’s historical Main Street would make attractive tearooms, cafes, bakeries, art/crafts and candy, antique, gift and home décor shops
- Lastly, Trappe Borough Council has an unquestioned focus on continuous improvement.
We certainly hope you locate your business in Trappe. In 2017 we completed our 300th anniversary and we look forward to working with you to make our community even better.