The Borough of Trappe has a Road Maintenance Program whereby all Borough owned roads are on a multiyear maintenance schedule.
The Borough’s program over the past five years included:
- 2017 resurfacing and improved drainage of Betcher Road and Clahor Avenue. Resurfacing of Borough Line Road from W. Seventh Avenue to North Borough Line Road
- 2016 resurfacing of Joan Drive, Linden Drive and Linden Street
- 2015 resurfacing of a portion of Cherry Avenue and all of E. Seventh Avenue
- 2014 resurfacing, rebuilding and improved drainage of Borough Line Road from W. Seventh Avenue to Route 113 with improvements to the intersection with Route 113
- 2013 resurfacing of W. Fifth Avenue with improvements to the intersection with Borough Line Road
Prior to repaving the underground storm sewers are videoed so any needed repairs can be identified. Public water and sewer infrastructure is also evaluated so any required work can also be completed prior to the final paving.
Curb repair and maintenance is the responsibility of the property owner. (See, TBC §286-14). As the road maintenance work gets underway, property owners should know that if you have damaged curbs along your property repairs will need to be made. As a last resort, the Borough’s contractor will make the necessary repairs and the property owner will be invoiced for the repair work based on the bid price per linear foot of curb replacement.
Road Program Schedule
The Road Program Schedule is subject to change depending on current circumstances. The Borough will advise residents of any changes. Residents should plan ahead to be prepared to make the necessary curbs repairs in a timely manner. To view the Road Program Schedule with the planned project description click 2018-2025 Trappe Borough Road Projects .
Road Program Progress Summary Report
The following link will connect you to a summary progress report as of June, 2018: 20180606 Summary Report of Improvements in Progress